Thursday, October 27, 2011

Starting out with Shine

I have lived in Tegucigalpa for two weeks, and already I'm having so much fun with the Shine kids. We have worked on book reports, learned - relearned for me - math concepts like rounding and greater than or equal to, read together and played Hide-and-Go-Seek (sometimes you just need a break from homework).

For those of you who don't know, Bob and Amber have decided I will take over Shine under Amber's supervision for the next two years. I'm a graduate of Oklahoma Christian University, and I will spend the next two years living and working with Amber through the Helpers in Missions (HIM) program. I love Honduras, and I'm looking forward to finding new ways to grow Shine and help Amber in any way I can.


Next week I hope to put a picture post up and give you a better idea of how the kids are doing. Amber and I are off this evening to attend a women's retreat. So, I won't be able to update for a few days.

I can say now that the Shine kids are brilliant and are continuing to learn more and more every day. There English has improved greatly since I was last here in May of 2010.

Thank you for all each of you do for these wonderful kids. A world of opportunities are opening for them, and I can't wait to see how they use them. And I can't wait to watch them continue to learn and grow. Thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment