Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Sponsor Claudy for Christmas

Claudy at their Christmas play
If you have never met Claudy, I hope one day you're able to. She's a ham and a half. I love her and her sweet smiles and innocent giggles. She mothers the rest of the tutoring kids to death, and it's hilarious to watch. It's clear she loves deeply.

I took the kids to lunch the other day, and we all had a lot of fun. While the other kids were playing, Claudy quietly came up behind me and called my name.

"Michael..." Claudy said.

"Yes, sweetie?" I said, turning my head. Then I felt her arms wrap around my neck.

She kissed my cheek softly and said, "Thank you, Michael."

I LOVED that moment with her. She acts very mature sometimes for an eight year old, and I felt so proud of her unprompted appreciation.

I hope you will consider giving this beautifully sweet girl a special Christmas, both for her and her family. See this previous entry for details on how to sponsor and what you would helping with. Thanks for caring for our kids and their families this Christmas. And we wish you a holiday as blessed as ours!

No comments:

Post a Comment