Sunday, December 18, 2011

Sponsor Jose for Christmas

Jose is one of our four kids in our tutoring program, for those of you who haven't had the pleasure. He's such an awesome kid. He loves soccer like pretty much all Honduran boys, and he'll even have the patience to play with me. I'm terrible; so, obviously he's a pretty sweet kid.

He'll act shy and pretends he doesn't have an opinion about anything, but that's a lie. He'll talk your leg off and make silly jokes if you push the right buttons.

When we picked up trash a few weeks ago, he and I had a little competition going. I told him I would win, and he proceeded to spend the rest of the time going for any piece of trash I walked toward. He would watch for where I went and run to pick it up before me. He's definitely ornery, but he's got a great, big heart. He wants to make me and his parents proud.

Please consider sponsoring Jose and his family for Christmas; we want to make give them a special night. They deserve it. See this previous entry for more details on how to make that happen. And blessings to you and your family this Christmas, and thank you for blessing our Shine! ministry.

No comments:

Post a Comment